Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Non chlamydial ngu/nsu
An_256932 posted:
several years ago my I got diagnosed with non chlamydial ngu at the health department after a few weeks of having sex with my girlfriend and haven't been with anybody in over a year before her at that time.my symptoms were mild and and cleared up on their own.my girlfriend said she haven't had sex in 3 months before we did which was with some other guy.she also never showed any symptoms that I know of.

My question is in your professional opinion could I have gotten an std from her or on my own.

georgiagail responded:
Considering your NGU was NOT caused by chlamydia, it would appear this developed from a bacterial infection. Attached is a good article that discusses some of the non-STD causes of NGU:

http://www.std-gov.org/stds/chlamydia_ngu.htm

Gail

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.