Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

How contagious are STD's on objects.
nawdy posted:
I host kinky parties and have several pieces of equipment that people use. the question has come up about cleaning equipment, i.e. leather floggers, pvc covered benches and wooden object.
We currently use antibacterial wipes. i also read recently that HPV can still be detected on sex toys after they were cleaned with antibacterial cleaner.

how long will an STI or STD be "active or contagious" outside the body?

georgiagail responded:
Not very long. And that includes HPV which doesn't survive very long on sex toys even without being cleaned with an antibacterial cleaner.

These bacterial and viral based diseases/infections are living critters are require warmth/moisture/nutrition to survive which is why they thrive in the human body but not on objects such as sex toys.

Transmission from one person to another involves immediate sharing of sex toys during sexual encounters without an attempt to clean these first.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.