Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

STD Risk assessment
An_257166 posted:
Last week I visited a prostitute. The only sexual activity we had was mutual masturbation, so I thought I was pretty safe.
Now, during a nightmare it hit me that I thouched the lady's hand with mine with which I touched her genitals. Just wanted to replace her thumb because it was hurting a bit. Now of course I'm so worried that I may have acquired STD, bringing her germs through my hand on her hand, and so infecting my penis.
I now feel my penis all the time, not hurting or so, just feeling itchy.
I'll have myself tested asap, but could anyone comment on the risk I took here? Many many thanks for any reply!
L

georgiagail responded:
There is no risk of any STD from the activity your describe.

Gail

linexy replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks! Although at first reassuring, I still worried to death. I now have large swollen lymph nodes in my throat, sore throat and slight head and neck pain. I can't get rid of the idea having contracted HIV or something else. I'm reliving the moment that I touched her thumb and trying to picture what exactly happened. Although I gently felt the inside of her genitals, I'm pretty sure my hand was dry when I touched her thumb and she subsequently used it to massage the top of my penis.
I can't live with myself anymore, haven't slept for 3 days, can't eat, heart pounding all the time, difficulty breathing and sweating all the time. Only can see a psychologist in a few weeks.
I know you can't help me with this, but still hoping for a reply. Is it really just my imagination?
Thanks in advance!

tlkittycat1968 replied to linexy's response:
Sounds like the flu to me. It's too soon to have symptoms of HIV even if you did happen to get it (which I doubt).

georgiagail replied to tlkittycat1968's response:
One would not get HIV from this event.

What you are having are anxiety attacks from lack of sleep, lack of eating, etc.. Those alone are giving you head and neck pain, your sore throat, etc..

Relax, eat something, stop worrying about this, get a good nights sleep and you'll be amazed at how quickly your "symptoms" disappear.

Gail

linexy replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks! It put my mind at ease a bit, although I keep on having symptoms like a sweaty rectum today and pain in groins. Made a mistake to go on the net again, and still very worried that what I did I may got infected with chlamydia. Isn't this more likely and pretty infectious? And I was so sure that I handled safe, unbelievable.
L

georgiagail replied to linexy's response:
I'm not even going to ask how one checks to see if their rectum sweats.

Stop reading about symptoms on the internet and I'm betting your symptoms will get better all by themselves.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.