Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Terrified of what I might have
An_257325 posted:
Hi, I'm a 17 year old boy and about a two or three weeks ago while lying in bed I got this itch on my penis just below the penis head. I scratched it for a few seconds then went to sleep thinking it was nothing. However, about a week ago, where the itch was is now a barely noticeable "spot" if you want to call it that, that is just a tad bit darker than my foreskin. If you weren't looking for something, you probably wouldn't see it. In the past couple of days, my foreskin has been itching all around and I started to panic, researching all kinds of STD symptoms online. I cannot tell if it burns to urinate because I've been panicking so much, my mind keeps thinking everything hurts. The reason im worried is I slept with a girl almost 3 months ago and did not use a condom, however it only went on for a few minutes. A few days later I seemed to have developed strep throat and suffered a swollen throat and a fever and figured it was due to the fact that I slept shirtless on the floor while it was 40 degrees outside. However the doctor tested me negative for strep and mono and I got over my illness after 2-3 days. Now I'm freaking about and have been stressed for the past couple of days because I think I have genital herpes. My mom scheduled me a doctors appointment for next week but I refused to tell her why I needed one. I don't know if I have the patience or conscious to wait till next week. There is no visible rash or marks on my penis and the penis head does not itch, only the foreskin. What do I do...?

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

You are doing the right thing by going to see your doctor. Only a medical professional can diagnose you after an examination and/or STD screening. Does the girl that you slept with have an STD? If not, then it is unlikely that is what your symptoms indicate unless you have been intimate with anyone else. Please let us know how you are doing.

-Atti

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.