Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Forced to open
limbo24 posted:
So this is the first time in any venue that ive openly stated that im living with HPV. I believe its been 4 years since contracting this virus and ive taken it pretty hard since realizing this truth. I was in a relationship with a partner who shared this issue with me. Albeit, im certain she had been living with it without knowing and passed it on to me. Ever since the realization that i have HPV i have developed some pretty bad anxiety. I know my character and am certain the anxiety derives from not being able to share and keeping everything to myself. I know this is mentally unhealthy and was starting to feel very alone and decided it was time to share with people who understand what I'm going through. I find it unlikely that i would be able to pursue a relationship with someone that does not have HPV but find it extremely challenging to find that needle in a haystack. I guess all these thoughts have taken a great toll on my happiness and just felt that it would be nice to hear back from people who deal with my personal issue on a daily basis as well.

atti_editor responded:
Hi limbo24,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I know that it is hard to open up and share your story, but I commend you for doing so. These Communities are meant to be a place for support, so I hope that others are able to share their stories with you. If you use the search box on the top right of this page, there are a number of posts about dating that you may find helpful and not so alone at all. Our Anxiety and Panic Community is also very active and always willing to provide support if you find yourself wanting to post your feelings over there. Welcome to the Community and I hope that you are able to find the support that you are looking for!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.