Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Pimple-like bump on scrotum
ballguy posted:
Over the past 6-7 years, I've had these little bumps appear on my scrotum that look like pimples, I get maybe 1-2 a year. They don't go away unless I freeze them off. I don't know if they are warts or something else. I have an appointment with a urologist on June 27th but I called and asked how much they are going to charge me and they want $195 out of pocket just to examine me. I don't have that kind of money laying around so I'm hoping someone here can help.

I seem to be getting misdiagnoses from doctors. When I first started getting these bumps about 6-7 years ago, the doctor who froze them off thought it was molluscum contagiosum. Then when I saw another doctor a few years later he said it was a comedone. A doctor after that said it was a wart. That's three different diagnoses from three different doctors.

If it is a wart, does that mean I have HPV? My girlfriend who I've had sex with about 15 times is 24 years old so should I tell her I have HPV and she should get the HPV vaccination? I haven't seen any of these bumps appear on her yet.

I posted a high-res picture of it at the link below:

https://app.box.com/s/jumhsgwzuxxeiawsfilv

Please, any help here would be appreciated. I am stressing out over this.

ballguy1 responded:
Hi, it's me ballguy, the original poster. I could not remember my login credentials so I just created a new account so I could come back and post my results from my visit to the urologist in case someone in a similar situation sees this post.

I just got back from the urologist's office. $195 later, at least I have peace of mind that it is not a wart, molluscum, or anything else contagious. The urologist looked at me and knew right away what it was. He said he was absolutely sure it was a SEBACEOUS CYST which is not contagious and was nothing to worry about. I just wanted to come back here and post in case anyone else has something similar they can save themselves the money of going to a urologist. I hope this helps someone.

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.