Pimple-like bump on scrotum
ballguy posted:
Over the past 6-7 years, I've had these little bumps appear on my scrotum that look like pimples, I get maybe 1-2 a year. They don't go away unless I freeze them off. I don't know if they are warts or something else. I have an appointment with a urologist on June 27th but I called and asked how much they are going to charge me and they want $195 out of pocket just to examine me. I don't have that kind of money laying around so I'm hoping someone here can help.

I seem to be getting misdiagnoses from doctors. When I first started getting these bumps about 6-7 years ago, the doctor who froze them off thought it was molluscum contagiosum. Then when I saw another doctor a few years later he said it was a comedone. A doctor after that said it was a wart. That's three different diagnoses from three different doctors.

If it is a wart, does that mean I have HPV? My girlfriend who I've had sex with about 15 times is 24 years old so should I tell her I have HPV and she should get the HPV vaccination? I haven't seen any of these bumps appear on her yet.

I posted a high-res picture of it at the link below:

https://app.box.com/s/jumhsgwzuxxeiawsfilv

Please, any help here would be appreciated. I am stressing out over this.

ballguy1 responded:
Hi, it's me ballguy, the original poster. I could not remember my login credentials so I just created a new account so I could come back and post my results from my visit to the urologist in case someone in a similar situation sees this post.

I just got back from the urologist's office. $195 later, at least I have peace of mind that it is not a wart, molluscum, or anything else contagious. The urologist looked at me and knew right away what it was. He said he was absolutely sure it was a SEBACEOUS CYST which is not contagious and was nothing to worry about. I just wanted to come back here and post in case anyone else has something similar they can save themselves the money of going to a urologist. I hope this helps someone.