Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV2
An_257836 posted:
I am total in despair over a recent doctor visits for an annual checkup and what I thought was an ingrowing hair from shaving dry. I was told I have herpes after (blood and sample testing ) and what I was experiencing was a outbreak from the virus. It wasn't painful. I found out recently and I can't stop crying etc etc. I don't know where to go and what to do or how to even start the conversation with my ex. He is my ex because I found out he was cheating in every way. My life is over, this is so horrible. Not I have to take medication every day. I know the right thing to do is have that conversation with him because I'm 100% sure Igot it from him but I don't care about him. I care about others that he is having sex with. Guess I feel horrible because I have been committed and never slept around. My life is over.

georgiagail responded:
Your life is NOT over. There are many who have this virus, take the medication (if needed) and get on with their lives.

I know this is hard news to hear but HSV is not a death sentence by any means.

Tell the ex; not for him but for the others he has slept with and will consider sleeping with in the future.

Gail

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.