Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Test says negative, but that's clearly wrong
cameronjpu posted:
34 year old man, from the DC area.

So, 2 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with an someone I only knew through a friend. About 3-4 days later I noticed a burning and a white discharge all day long, and it burned when I pee.

I had a blood/urine test 5 days ago and today got the results back. From what I have read, it seemed certain to be gonorrhea. The symptoms matched and from what I could tell, those symptoms generally appear as early as 2 days after contact. But the test results say negative! Now, I did this test through an online service, who sent me to a local sample collector. The online service has not called yet because yesterday was a holiday and now it's the weekend, but I got the "raw" results from the lab and they seem pretty clear.

So while that's good and all, the fact is I clearly have SOMETHING. So what am I to do? It occurred to me that maybe this is what a UTI is like, but the discharge seems to contradict that. I do read that "first void urine" is necessary on the test results, but I certainly had been awake and going to the bathroom for several hours that day already. They never mentioned that requirement to me.

Obviously going to a doctor and getting an exam is going to be smart but I can't do that until next week sometime (first I have to FIND a doctor so we're talking days) and I'd like to have some progress toward getting better asap, as I'm sure you can understand.

I have the raw results here and it says "chlamydia trachomatis negative" and "neisseria gonorrhoeae negative". I can find any other info on the page if it will help.

Thanks!

georgiagail responded:
Health Departments and Planned Parenthood Organizations also do STD testing.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.