Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Is this herpes?
An_258017 posted:
Two days ago I noticed when wiping my anal region that it was sore and irritated. When I looked in the mirror and then felt, I felt a raised line. I then took a picture to see what it looked like up close. It appears to have some blistered spots but I've never noticed any bumps prior to this. I also don't have any irritation or bumps on my vagina.. My last sexual encounter was in May when I had a one night stand. I have not had anal. I typically use protection but I was very inebriated. I'm worried it may be herpes. I've been googling and don't believe I had any of the initial symptoms but I any decide if it looks like te pictures or not. I'm very worries. My annual is in a month.

georgiagail responded:
Since you may be having an outbreak, these can be tested now to determine if they are the lesions seen in herpes.

Gail

reefswaggie responded:
You should see a health professional and get tested. Self diagnosis is pretty dubious. Better to find out for sure. Then read up on the subject. There are a lot of good resources on the web.

Helpful Tips

how do you feel towards the ONE WHO GAVE YOU HERPES
Did you know that 90% of people living with Herpes, DON'T KNOW THEY HAVE IT . Thats a big number. So you just found out you have Herpes, ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 47 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.