Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Newly diagnosed with herpes
An_258036 posted:
I just found out I have herpes 2....im gonna die...any advice out there..im so devastated and feeling really stupid. Help

georgiagail responded:
You're not going to die. Many people have this virus. In fact, most adults carry HSV1, having picked this up in childhood. Luckily, outbreaks are rare. Hopefully the same is with HSV2.

It's a hard lesson to accept at first but then, you go on with your life.

Gail

reefswaggie responded:
It is a shock for sure but there are far worse diseases out there. There are some good sources of information on the web. The more you learn the more power you have over this condition. http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/std/ for instance.is a good site for information Also you can join a support group. There are some 45 million people in the US alone with HSV2 and almost all of us have HSV1, which causes cold sores so you are not alone!

lily225 responded:
I was diagnosed with hsv 1 in my genitals..which is not so common but it was still an outbreak down there...I thought I was going to die...I cried...and cried..and felt alone. However I know hsv1 may not be exactly the same as hsv2 I still can understand what you are going through.... I haven't had any outbreaks since but I heard if you keep a healthy immune system that helps. Sad but I think this disease has become an epidemic....if some one really loves you it won't matter..think positive and it could have been worse..

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.