Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Husband HPV after married 25 years
An_258219 posted:
This is my story. First marriages for me/husband. Married at 30/he at 36. Needless to say there were a few relationships before our marriage. One year into marriage he had warts cut off of penis that I had known about since our beginning. Thought it was over. Didnt know it was HPV until pathology report came back. One- two years later it came back and was once again cut off. I was advised to continue regular Pap smears and vigilance. Have had no problems in 25 year relationship. I've never had warts before or after marriage. Husband has just had a wart/ mole cut off below belly button- came back HPV?? Both of us as well as doctor blown away because in a strange location. Makes me question?? But really believe my husband that he hasn't been with someone else. Just saying, strange things happen but he also has a pen size spot on penis ( just like the one from 25 yrs ago) getting cut off again. I think these don't get completely removed and are slow growers because why would it show up in a weird location and so many years after initial removal? Am trying to research websites for more info. Appreciate feedback.

georgiagail responded:
"why would it show up in a weird location and so many years after initial removal? "

This isn't a weird location and it's not unusual that the virus hasn't gone away and remained dormant for a number of years.

Gail

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.