Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

valtrex effectiveness?
babyboomer76 posted:
Greetings again. I am taking the generic form of Valtrex for genital herpes on a daily basis. I've not had any outbreaks, although at times I feel a slight tingling. I also insist on a condom when I am sexually active. what do you think the chances are of passing along genital herpes to another partner? I humbly thank you for your time!

randy51 responded:
Hi! I certainly hope someone responds to your question. I've just begun dating a lady who admitted to me that she has HSV-II; acquired years ago and she has been sexually inactive ever since. I am completely in the dark on Herpes and have been doing a lot of reading lately. I haven't been sexually active in over 10 years either and I'm really ready to 'dive in', so to speak, but now I'm seriously concerned. I truly enjoy giving oral sex and now I'm feeling distraught over the entire issue.

How effective and beneficial is Valtrex? I'm considering asking her to take it, but she hates taking any meds, though she does take a few pills. I need to read the Valtrex reviews and side effects so I can speak to it with some knowledge.

With nearly 44 million infected people out there, someone has to answer your query! I'll be following this thread on my watchlist in hopes of learning more about what I need to know. I thank you for posting your question babyboomer76.

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.