Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HPV and Cervical Dysplasia
americanhoney1989 posted:
A few months ago I had my yearly pap exam which as always I have them test me for STD's. I was told this test came back negative but my pap came back with abnormal cells. After further testing I was told I had a cervical dysplasia and I guess this is where I get confused because cervical dysplasia is usually caused by HPV which is a sexually transmitted disease..?? Since finding out I had a LEEP procedure done and all abnormalities were removed and according to the doctor that did this procedure it "took care of the problem". I guess I'm just confused and scared. I feel terrible for not knowing I had this sooner and feel like I could have possibly ruined someones life because I didn't know sooner. I haven't had many sexual partners like most individuals my age.( im 25, didn't have sex until 19 and 4 partners)

I want to date and start a family with someone but im terrified to date because I just feel disgusting and guilty. I guess im just looking for other individuals stories, anyone who can help me or shine some more light on the subject, or just someone to talk to. Thanks everyone.

georgiagail responded:
Cervical dysplasia simply means changes in cells on the surface of the cervix. It can be caused by issues other than HPV.

Why would you feel disgusted and guilty about dating? You've been told your test for STD's have come back as negative. If you don't trust the results, ask to be tested again for this virus.

Gail

americanhoney1989 replied to georgiagail's response:
I feel that way because I was dating someone when I found out what was going on and he did some research and I guess its kind of guilt because he said he felt dirty and gross and im afraid to make someone else feel that way.

georgiagail replied to americanhoney1989's response:
It's unfortunate you were dating an idiot but please don't let that stop you from finding someone with brains between his ears.

Gail

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.