Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Is this an STD?
richosaur posted:
Hello, I'm an 18 year old male (I'm sorry if my english isn't so good). I had unprotected sex with someone I met online a week ago (last time he got tested was a month ago and he was clean, but he told me that he has had sex with other people he met online after getting tested).

3 days after I had sex with him I started to grow bumps that look like mosquito bites, on my arms, thighs, legs, hands and feet (not on my genitals or mouth).

At first they were just a few but as days went by I started to get more, and they're very itchy, they're small, and the ones on my right hand look like they're developing into small blisters. On my left thigh, I have two groups of four bumps growing very close to each other.

I also have a sore throat, diarrhea and lost of appetite.

I'm not sure if it's herpes or something else because this bumps/blisters are not growing on my genitals or mouth, but I've read that there are cases where the outbreaks occur on other places instead of the genitals and people don't know they're inffected.

I have never experienced this kind of problems on my skin, and the only thing I've done differently is having sex with this person. So even though it's not affecting my genitals (yet, considering it's only been a week) I don't think I'm being paranoid...

Thank you for your time!

An_258906 responded:
hi richosaur, i had a similar problem but only on my legs. i was super paranoid and didnt know what to do. too embarassed to tell my parents. so i looked at this app called Klara and was able to send in photos of my problem to a doctor for like 30 dollars. thank GOD mine didnt turn out to be STD related, it felt nice to know. i highly recommend it, it seems like it could help you too.

richosaur replied to An_258906's response:
I'm glad you were lucky, I really hope I am too... Thanks a lot for the advice!

georgiagail replied to richosaur's response:
Go visit a physician in person. Sending photos to try and get an accurate diagnosis is nuts.

Gail

richosaur replied to georgiagail's response:
Of course, I will get tested next monday... is just that the public centers where I can get tested are closed in Madrid until September 1st, so until then I recurred to this website because waiting it's driving me insane...

Thanks for the reply!

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.