Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Unprotected anal sex, fever later that night
tml1991 posted:
I recently went though a bicurious phase and received anal sex yesterday. I now have a fever and anxiety a day later. But no other symptoms. Could this be related to the sex? Could it be a self induced anxiety based fever, like I have given myself a few times over my life, could it be related to the infected hangnail on my finger that seemed to resolve itself the same day the fever began? Or something else entirely? Looking for advice. By the way, the sex only lasted a few minutes. As I didn't enjoy it and stopped it shortly after it began. The guy I got with said he was clean, by the way.

georgiagail responded:
It would be unusual to have symptoms of infection or an STD so quickly after such an event.

This was protected or unprotected anal intercourse???

Gail

jemmyorton responded:
Hi,

I would like to suggest you kindly visit this shocking sex facts before planning your sexual intercourse.

tml1991 replied to georgiagail's response:
Yes. All fever is gone, all fatigue is gone, nausea is gone. Some anxiety still remains. That anxiety does affect my appetite some and causes me to pace. Overall though, I feel much better than I did a few days ago. Those symptoms lasted two days. So I think it was a 48 hour virus. I took test. The urine test came out negative and the blood test still remain. I keep shifting from being confident I will be fine, to being nervous at times.

Helpful Tips

how do you feel towards the ONE WHO GAVE YOU HERPES
Did you know that 90% of people living with Herpes, DON'T KNOW THEY HAVE IT . Thats a big number. So you just found out you have Herpes, ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 47 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.