Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Lamb skin condoms?
maverick4002 posted:
I am a male and I had a sexual encounter with what essentially is a another stranger male using lamb skin condoms this past Tuesday

Do lambskin condoms prevent any kind of protection against STDs?

At this point I am freaking out as I googled last night and the result werent to good. I am waiting two weeks to go get tested to give any potential diseases time to show up, but if the other guy had something, are chances very high I also got it?

georgiagail responded:
As you have, unfortunately discovered, these type of condoms do not prevent the transmission of STD's.

We cannot tell you our risk of transmission if your partner was infected with any STD/STI.

You can test for bacterial based STD's such as Gonorrhea and Chlamydia fairly early after an event since testing involve checking for the presence of the actual bacteria associated with the STD.

Testing for viral based STD's such as HIV, herpes, hepatitis requires checking for antibodies the immune system begins to product after transmission has taken place. The recommended time period for testing is 12 weeks after a potential exposure.

Statistically diseases that require only contact with mucous membranes such as Chlamydia, Gonorrhea are far easier to transmit than ones that require actual entrance into the body for transmission such as HIV and hepatitis. At least the first two are curable.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.