Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

High white blood cell count?
awolfe0806 posted:
At the start of what they claim my "first outbreak" I thought I had a UTI bc i had the symptoms and i went to the doctors and they told me my white blood cell count was high so they put me on UTI treatment and thats when all the other symptoms followed *the classic yeast infection symptoms*. When I just went to my new PCP she ran some tests on me and they came back w/ my white blood cell count being really high which she said would be from the herpes. Does that happen right after you've been first infected or does it always show up high now that you have that virus??

lp130 responded:
Proper testing for herpes is an IgG type specific blood test. It tests for HSV1 / HSV2 antibodies in your blood, which is not the same as a high white blood cell count. A high white blood cell count means there's an increase in disease-fighting cells, which could be caused by a myriad of reasons.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.