Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Can you be a carrier of Herpes?
Jamijones30 posted:
I have recently been diagnosed w/herpes. I have not had sex with anyone other than my husband for the last ten years. He was tested and does not have them. Can you be a carrier of herpes and not know it?

ohnonotthat responded:
you can be either positive or negative. not just a carrier. :frown: I asked the same question. But you can have either very mild symptoms that you attributed to something else... or you can be totally asymptomatic.... (as I believe I am) best of luck! oh yea... and I am not the expert... just someone trying to figure all this stuff out too.

Jamijones30 responded:
okay - so as of my drs appointment today, i tested positive for herpes...however, i don't know how i got it. have i always had it and did not know? i've never had a breakout until this past week. could it have possibly always been there and is now just deciding to show it's ugly head?

lp130 responded:
How were you tested? Was it HSV1 or HSV2? Genital herpes had to come from another person, as it's an STD. If you had no other genital to genital or oral to genital contact with another person, then I would strongly suggest your husband requests an IgG type specific blood test to find out his herpes status. Assuming you were properly diagnosed, the herpes had to come from someone.

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.