Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Can you be a carrier of Herpes?
    Jamijones30 posted:
    I have recently been diagnosed w/herpes. I have not had sex with anyone other than my husband for the last ten years. He was tested and does not have them. Can you be a carrier of herpes and not know it?

ohnonotthat responded:
    you can be either positive or negative. not just a carrier. :frown: I asked the same question. But you can have either very mild symptoms that you attributed to something else... or you can be totally asymptomatic.... (as I believe I am) best of luck! oh yea... and I am not the expert... just someone trying to figure all this stuff out too.

Jamijones30 responded:
    okay - so as of my drs appointment today, i tested positive for herpes...however, i don't know how i got it. have i always had it and did not know? i've never had a breakout until this past week. could it have possibly always been there and is now just deciding to show it's ugly head?

lp130 responded:
    How were you tested? Was it HSV1 or HSV2? Genital herpes had to come from another person, as it's an STD. If you had no other genital to genital or oral to genital contact with another person, then I would strongly suggest your husband requests an IgG type specific blood test to find out his herpes status. Assuming you were properly diagnosed, the herpes had to come from someone.

Helpful Tips

positive results
    I had unprotected sex with a woman 3 weeks before I had this tests done. here are my results: HSV 1/2 IGG HERPESELECT HSV 1 IGG ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.