Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Red Ring Above Pubes
cramityou posted:
Hi I have a red ring looking thing, above my pubes, and it itches a tiny bit, but it is not blisters or sores and has been there for a bout two weeks. I'm not sure what it is. Also, right next to it is a red line, but still not a lesion or sore. Just a little red, kind of raised line. If you have any idea what this could be I would love to know. If you need more info I will respond after you post and try to describe it more. Also now next to the ring is like a white dry patch, possibly from messing with the ring so much.

Thank you so much for any help

lp130 responded:
Sounds like ringworm. Don't panic, it's just a type of fungal infection. You do need to treat it though, usually with an antifungal such as Lotramin or Lamasil. Get it checked by your doc first though prior to treating it.

cramityou responded:
Okay I think it might be ring worm as well. Does anyone know if this could cause it. I have two cats, I'm not sure that they have ringworm, but they have been spraying on my clothes a lot lately, and i'm not sure if that could have caused it.

Does anyone know?

lp130 responded:
Funny you should mention it. I had both my cats treated for ringworm earlier this year. But you'd know your pet had it as it causes patches of hair loss in them. In the packet of info that I rec'd, ringworm can be passed between pet/human (although not that common), however it's skin-to-skin that would transmit (basically you'd be touching the area the cat was infected with it).

But it's very treatable, like I said. You can try an anti-fungal such as I suggested, but you have to apply for a few weeks until it clears - as it is with many fungal infections. You may still want to see a doc as well, just to be sure.

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.