Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Possible Cure or Scam?
kredit posted:
Hi everyone, Im completely new to this board as i am new to genital herpes in general. I was doing google searches for possible cures or working ailments for genital herpes and i came across this webpage that looks legit but just seems a bit skeptical.

www.biogetica.com/herpes.html?gclid=CJanj8nbtpcCFQECGgodincCig

I was wondering if anybody could tell me if they use these products, if they helped or if its just a complete scam. I was skeptical because the website indirectly claims to eventually even naturally help your body wipe out the virus or stop all outbreaks. Can someone please help me, any input would be highly appreciated. Thanks again.

Yours Truly, Bobby

kaisanan responded:
scam.

Terri_Warren_RN_ANP responded:
scam

Lizseas responded:
I took the biogetica remedies a year ago inspite of the comments on this forum as I knew Visa would protect me if anything went wrong with the return. I had at that time read the following to 2 clinical trials that greatly supported their products and methods to control herpes.

icmr.nic.in/ijmr/2004/0702.pdf

www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B8CWK-4MDGN91-4&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=d94b7c5343d47838b79850c7dc329cf2

The results were amazing and I have not had an outbreak since I started Hypericum mysorense. I used to get outbreaks monthly and have not had one in a year now. I definately reccommend using natural medicines for herpes. There seems to be a big divide in the medicine world. Dr's and nurses from the western tradition rarely accept herbs and homeopathy and naturopaths rarely accept pharmaceuticals. See what appeals to you most and what works best for your body. I know Biogetica is not a scam as their products gave me my life back!

It seems like cure is a controversial and confusing word when it comes to herpes. Back then I had outbreaks monthly, worried daily and experienced nerve pain often. Now I have no outbreaks, haven't transmitted it and seldom think about it. I consider myself cured as my life is like it used to be before getting herpes. However my blood still probably has anti-bodies just like it does for small pox, chicken pox and a whole lot of other viruses...

Do let me know what your experience is with their products.

jennieann32 responded:
Doctors and nurses don't usually accept herbal remedies for HSV because they don't work! Only Valtrex, acyclovir, Famvir, etc have been proven to suppress HSV.

infinaty responded:
I'm very curious about this...please tell me more. How do you know that you haven't transmitted it? Did you use any kind of protection? Have you went and gotten another blood test done? I'm just curious. Do you still tell people that you have this? Would like more info please. Thanks.

Lizseas responded:
Hi Jennieann32,

Did you ever take nosodes or hypericum mysorense? Have you tried it on your patients? Did you even bother to read the clinical trials that were in my post? If not, than how can you assert that they don't work?

As I mentioned earlier and have read in other posts from other hsv patients as well, ANTIVIRALS did nothing for me. These natural methods did.

Sounds to me that you are simply replaying the famous pharmaceutical industry brainwash....OURS IS THE ONLY FDA APPROVED TREATMENT FOR .......so take it regardless of the fact that you will experience many side effects and compromise your immune system over time.

When one applies their intellect beyond the obvious they will realize that natural medicines have been around and used for thousands of years. Even the Bible mentions that "the lord has made the earth sprout medicines" Today we never see FDA approvals and large scale clinical trials for them simply because they cannot be patented. No one is willing to spend Millions simply for the good will of PROVING a cure for herpes!!!

I suggest you do yourself and us a favor by trying the products before dismissing them.

Lizseas responded:
I've been with the same partner for over a year. We used protection until this summer but stopped thereafter. He has no symptoms or issues and knew about my herpes situation 2 weeks after we met. I haven't done another blood test. I don't find it necessary to tell anyone about my herpes situation as I am monogomous and free from the torment of having had herpes.

lp130 responded:
Just because your partner doesn't have symptoms doesn't mean he doesn't have herpes or that you didn't transmit it to him. Only blood testing (or swab/culture if symptomatic) can conclude that.

Herpes is for life; having antibodies means you have herpes and can transmit with or without symptoms.

The only person that needs to be told (and must be told) is the person with whom a herpes positive person is having sexual relations with. We don't advise any other way here on the boards.

Lizseas responded:
Hi Liz,

We both plan on getting tested and I will post on this board once we have the results. Is there a particular type of test you recommend within the blood tests?

Please correct me if I am wrong... Having anti-bodies means that the Immune system has created specific anti-bodies for a particular pathogen. It says nothing about the actual virus and how active it is. It says volumes about how active your immune system is and then this is used to assume how active the virus is.....

I have antibodies for chicken pox as well since I had it in the past. By the rational used EVERY SINGLE VIRUS is for LIFE... Chicken Pox is meant to be very similar to herpes so then why is it that one would say that "I am cured of chicken pox but not cured of Herpes?"

jennieann32 responded:
Chicken pox can recur later in life. You do have the virus in your body for life. It's just that your body builds up the antibodies to suppress it. That's one of the many wonderful functions of antibodies. HSV (as well as chicken pox) recurs because the virus is still in your body.

I went back and looked again but I can't find what type you said you have. If you have GHSV1 the following scenario applies--50% of those who have GHSV1 typically get a recurrence with in a year and one every other year thereafter. The other 50% never get another recurrence. If you have GHSV2, you may not have had recognizable symptoms. A huge reason as to why HSV can go undetected for years is that people don't recognize the symptoms. Not everyone has a huge initial ob.

Indigo1018 replied to jennieann32's response:
I agree with what was said earlier, that try things out and see what works for you - we are not all the same! As for pharma remedies, I'd like to start a blog about how that industry is scamming most of America. Oh, you have an HMO? Just give us a co-pay and we'll put you on a pharma drug for the rest of your life - here, you have other problems, here's some more!

I am a single mom with high deductible insurance ($5000) and panicked at the thought of not being able to afford meds - this was 6 years ago... so I tried Lysine - works JUST as good as any pharma I have ever taken...and so darn easy...no Dr. appt., no co-pay, no pharmacy, no worried about running out, yada...it has changed my life for the better just out of sheer cost and convenience!

betsyo1967 replied to Indigo1018's response:
in studies with lysine, it didn't speed the healing of herpes lesions any faster than placebo and it didn't do a lot to prevent recurrences. it's not something we routinely recommend since the only dose that showed any effect at all on reducing recurrences was 1 gm 3x/day which is pricier than generic acyclovir at walmart with a prescription ( $4 for episodic therapy and under $20 for daily suppressive therapy ). Also we have no studies on lysine to show that it has any effect on viral shedding which is the more important part for folks who are in discordant relationships ( where one partner has hsv2 and the other doesn't ).

good it seems to work for you but for the vast majority of folks, it's not going to be helpful. most folks already get more than enough lysine in their diets and the lysine/arginine theory never panned out outside of the test tube so overall, we don't recommend it's use.
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

deeLindee responded:
I took biogetica 2 years ago and haven't had one single herpes symptom since. I definitely recommend it and believe anyone that calls all natural medicine a scam as shortsighted and brainwashed...

An_231091 replied to deeLindee's response:
I just wanted to if anyone is still taking the hypericum/biogetica and if it's working. Please give me some type for feed back. I've wasted so much money on stuff that doesn't work. I've search high & low on the net for Hypericum Mysorense and can't find it any where. Please Help!

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.