Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HPV passed through mutual masturbation?
DtC1213 posted:
I was in a relationship where my past partner said she had HPV and that she also had cysts on her ovaries because of it. We had many intimate moments today and during the course of our relationship I developed a few warts on my hands. I was able to get rid of them with over the counter wart remover easily. Although I only did this to a few, and still had one small one on my hand. My question is, if I were to mutually masturbate a potential partner, could she get hpv from me fingering her? I'm sorry to be so blunt, but this situation has occurred with me and I'm very nervous

DtC1213 responded:
I just wanted to bump this and see if there is truth to it and what I can do. Any help would be appreciated

betsyo1967 responded:
hpv does not cause ovarian cysts.

Did your former partner have obvious external genital warts or a hpv infection on her cervix?

there are over 130 different types of hpv infections. Of those, about 30 infect the genital area. The types of warts you get on your hands are not the same types you get on your genital area. If you only have warts on one hand, I'd use the other one on your partner though.

Finish treating all the warts on your hands so that they are gone. They can be passed through something as simple as shaking hands so it's best to treat them and have them gone. If otc treatments don't take care of them, see your provider to have them removed in the office.

DtC1213 replied to betsyo1967's response:
thank you for your reply!

My ex partner did not have genital warts, she just said she had ovarian cysts and basically ovarian cancer. I've never had genital warts from contact with her, and I've had warts on my hands for years so I am guessing they wouldn't be from her.

I have one hand treated and the other is in progress using regular dr. scholls, I am just afraid that I could've passed a wart on to a partner through mutual masturbation

betsyo1967 replied to DtC1213's response:
ovarian cysts are not ovarian cancer. hpv doesn't cause cysts or ovarian cancer. She could've had ovarian cysts and also had a hpv infection on her cervix that was detected via hpv dna testing though. at this point since the relationship is over, you'll probably never figure out just what was what. It sounds like perhaps she was confused about what all was going on in her own body too which doesn't help.

The best way to prevent hpv infection in the genital area is to use condoms properly. This means applying the condom when the clothes come off and not just waiting for actual penetration. Lots of skin on skin contact often occurs before actual penetration as part of our foreplay/love making. If you have problems keeping the condom on that long, just keep your underwear on until penetration to protect. Not sure of your age but gardasil vaccinations are available for males and females under the age of 26 I believe it is.

The warts on the hands aren't going to transmit to the genital area. They are more of a cosmetic issue than anything but since they are contagious, treating them when they first appear to get them gone is just the best course of action.

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.