Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

How quick will STD show up
NewSea posted:
I had unprotected sex in the morning with new girl friend and that afternoon I started getting burning sensation on the inside tip of my penis and also feel I have to pee a little, but not bad. Also burns when I pee, but neither hurt bad, just annoying. Still have burning a day later. I say sex, but mostly oral for her due to other issues I seem to have now and it doesn't seem to want to come out and play, if you know what I mean. I managed to get it up enough and get it in, but wasn?t able to keep it up and it ended without ejaculating maybe after a minute. It was unprotected because I've been having the ED issue and didn't think I'd get that far and if I did, well condoms don't really work because I?m not fully in the game. She says she's clean. Can an STD that creates burning sensation show symptoms in hours or is this in my head because I'm nervous about it. I do still have it a day later. I am able to get it up and masturbate a lot off and on. I've been reading a lot online about fixing my ED, which I'm also finding can be a mental issue - stress, depression etc. Hopefully the newest burning issue is in my head, so I can go back to figuring out the ED issue, so I can protect myself again. I guess the burning could be related to the ED??

georgiagail responded:
It would be unusual that one would begin to show the effects of an STD within hours of having it passed on to them.

STD's are "living critters" (for lack of a better word); bacteria or viruses that cause symptoms when, in the nice warm environment of the body, they increase in number. It would be unusual that this increase would be seen in a matter of hours.

Gail

lookingup41 responded:
You would not have symptoms of an STD by that afternoon from unprotected sex...but if you have been having oral sex previously and contracted something that way, you could now be having symptoms. Someone saying they are clean should never be enough. I am not implying these people are lying, but 90% of people with herpes don't know! This "unawareness" is true of other STDs as well. It could be a urinary tract infection, although those are less common in men. It also could all be in your head! Call the doc if it continues. Maybe he can help with the ED too!

NewSea responded:
It was better yesterday and continues to get better. I'm assuming it has something to do with ED issue and or trying to hard or lack there of. Is there any "01Cgood"01D over the counter remedies I can take that helps. I know there are lots of things online and in stores, but just not sure which ones are BS. Also don"019t want to take anything that may mess with any drug tests I may have to take for work etc. I"019ve seen where L-Arginine and Pycnogenol seem to help and they are in all the other combo supplements. Well at least L-Arginine is.

betsyo1967 replied to NewSea's response:
just the irritation of sex can cause symptoms that early. drink plenty of water over the next day to clean out your bladder and if things still aren't better by monday, go and be seen.

if you've had issues with ED, the best thing to do is talk to your provider. The prescription ED medications work well, have few side effects and work consistantly. If you have insurance, they will be far cheaper than some of the otc products. It really is helpful to discuss it with your provider so you can see where the issue really is - getting an erection, maintaining one, premature ejaculation or a combination. Different medications work better for different issues.

they also make condoms that desensitize the head of the penis to help with ED too. Some folks don't tolerate them ( rashes and such ) but it might be worth trying if you aren't ready to talk to your provider about this. I really do recommend following up on this though - for your enjoyment and your partner's. It's worth a little embarrassment trust me!

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.