Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Apple cider vinegar and Gen Warts
ugh1234 posted:
Has anyone tried Apple cider vinegar on their warts and if so has it worked at all. I'm using Aldara but its been 7 weeks and more just keep popping up. I'm at my wits end and just want them visibly gone so i can feel better about it. I am not sexually active and i quit smoking. Also are their foods i should avoid?

SJP123 responded:
I have tried apple cider vinegar with one stubborn (had since this feb) wart that wouldnt go away with aldara. So i tried the vinegar for about 3-4 days and it just got very red, agitated, and swollen. That's it. So then I went back to Aldara again and strangely enough it was gone in about 4 days. I think the agitation made the aldara work quicker. Weird I know. But i'm trying that method from now on.

As with the popping up, were you recently diagnosed with GW? After my first treatment, i had a huge outbreak (8 or 9 of them) then it subsided after a couple of months. Your body just has to get used to it.

Hope I helped a bit!

ugh1234 responded:
Thanks Yeah maybe i can try that. Sadly I just realized there is a colony of them in my anus. Not sure how this happened ive never had anal sex before or even anything near that area really so im concerned. Maybe they migrate i don't know but the majority are their its so weird, not sure how to treat them. Guess ill call the doc

winnebag0 responded:
i'm not sure if you are a male or female, but lady stuff is definitely more sensitive than man stuff. acv can be very harsh. regarding warts around your anal area-- it can happen very easily. wiping, clothes rubbing or other agitation can cause the warts to spread. it is a good idea to see the doctor. best of luck!

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.