Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

2nd outbreak
An_209362 posted:
Hi,
I just had my first outbreak (I got treated on the same day I saw my first outbreak) and I finished my pill treatment on Thursday...then Sunday (3 days later) I feel that I was getting another outbreak and I started my medication again...so my two questions are
1. How soon after your first outbreak can you get a second one
2. Can your outbreak be in a different location (my second outbreak was)

betsyo1967 responded:
I'm assuming you are referring to genital herpes?

what dose of which antiviral were you given and for how many days?

are you male or female?
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

Dizzygirl77 replied to betsyo1967's response:
Sorry yes I am referring to genital herpes.

I was given Valtrax (spelling?) for 10 days (I took it twice a day) and I am a female.

Forgiven72 responded:
Your ob's can come anytime, and stress levels can bring one on. I am assuming you just found out that you have herpes so you may not be as calm as usual, (and I know that I was no where near calm when I found out and my stress and anxiety where threw the roof!)... Try to relax and get though this one day at a time.
As for location, genital herpes can appear in a "boxer short" area. Which is basically from your waist to your mid thigh. I tend to have the same ob in the exact same spot every time. But everyone is different. I hope this helps:o)
Like the one I was with, 90percent of people who have hsv, don't know they have it. Thats a large number. Get tested. Have the talk. And most of all FORGIVE and move forward.

betsyo1967 replied to Forgiven72's response:
actually studies show that stress is not a factor in herpes recurrences at all.

it's not unusual to have a 2nd ob within 2 months of a newly acquired herpes infection. being female, never a bad idea to get properly tested for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally. bv especially is common with a new infection and often presents without obvious discharge or odor which is why proper testing is a good idea. bv is a proven trigger for herpes being more active in the genital area.
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.