Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

genital herpes
An_209483 posted:
I have genital herpes and take 800mg acyclovir everyday. My problem is I discharge about every day, I've been treated for yeast, bacterial vaginosis, and cervitis. Every time I'm done with medicine, the discharge comes back. Why?

Elle0317 responded:
I discharge every day too, but I don't have an STD. Some women produce more natural discharge than others, my mother has to wear a liner everyday and she doesn't have an STD either. Does this discharge have a colour? smell?

betsyo1967 responded:
when you have discharge, follow up on it. breaking the vaginitis cycle is sometimes difficult to do. make sure they are properly testing you for infections too, don't accept visual diagnosis.
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

nina1124 replied to Elle0317's response:
My discharge doesn't have a smell and it is whitish and runny.

georgiagail replied to nina1124's response:
Then this is likely nothing more than the normal vaginal discharge many women experience. It's the way the vagina keeps itself clean.

Gail

nina1124 replied to georgiagail's response:
thank you...maybe i'll quit worrying so much.

betsyo1967 replied to nina1124's response:
as long as you've had the discharge tested and they say it's nothing infectious then it's not an issue. if this is a new discharge for you and with your history of vaginitis, it's worthwhile to get tested to see what is going on. Even though you don't detect an odor doesn't mean it's something to ignore.
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

nina1124 replied to betsyo1967's response:
ok

Helpful Tips

genital herpes
just want somebody else out there that i could talk to i have had herpes for 8 years and i have some questions, if someone would please ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.