Skip to content
HPV mouth sores?
lynae041691 posted:
19, female- I recently found out i have HPV from an annual pap smear, and was told that it was a genital warts strain. I have never seen anything that could be a wart, except for small, red, pimple-like bumps that can be popped and go away, and i've only seen a few of these. They are never on my vagina, just where hair grows. My doctor told me there's nothing I need to do about the HPV itself, and said that if i have a wart I want removed, I can do so. He said that my immune system will make it go away in a year or so. I found a sore on my gums that is a patch of red sin with a small, white-ish looking center..My boyfriend without a doubt has HPV as well, so could i have gotten this from oral sex?
chddb1 responded:
Inside your mouth or on the outside? Could just be a canker sore that comes from diet or stress, etc.
lynae041691 replied to chddb1's response:
inside, around my gums. yeah i have like 7 now, and they hurt and look like canker sores.. im assuming its from both poor diet and stress.. hopefully!
betsyo1967 responded:
hpv infections on the cervix are classified as either low risk or high risk. typically hpv types that cause external genital warts aren't detected on the cervix. do you recall what your exact hpv results were?

your oral symptoms sound like canker sores, not hpv. follow up on them with your dentist or medical provider so that you can better answers as to why you are having mouth issues.

have you or your bf ever had your gardasil shots?
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

Helpful Tips

how do you feel towards the ONE WHO GAVE YOU HERPES
Did you know that 90% of people living with Herpes, DON'T KNOW THEY HAVE IT . Thats a big number. So you just found out you have Herpes, ... More
Was this Helpful?
42 of 53 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.