Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

trichinosis ? please help
1997ws6 posted:
just came back from the Dr and found out that I have trichinosis, I have been faithful to my boyfriend, we got back together at the end of June and I have had these symptoms for almost 3.5 weeks. the symptoms I was told were based on a mans load and since he pulls out thats why its more of a minor version of trichinosis. I have never had a std before I thought it was a yeast infection because i have been taking a bunch of medication because i have been sick on and off since September when I endured the most traumatic / stressful events to date in my life and I am still high stressed out. (which has nothing to do with my boyfriend)

But does this mean that he has been unfaithful? OR could he have had trichinosis before we got back together and it just surfaced now b/ of my lowered immune system and stress levels? Also it is only in my vulva area near my clitoris where i have irratation and itching at. one night i felt like he was rubbing me raw there and then we have intercourse and that is where he chose to leave his load so could this spiked the trichinosis?

I just want to know if he could have had this before we got back together and if it's possible for us to have sex 3.5 months before a "outbreak" or whatever its called happens?

Also how do men contract this parasite? i want to no more information i was given 4 pills to take for me and my Dr gave me 4 pills to give to him to take,

Thanks

georgiagail responded:
If you truly have been diagnosed with trichinosis, this has nothing to do with sexual contact:

http://www.medicinenet.com/trichinosis/article.htm

Gail

1997ws6 replied to georgiagail's response:
Trichomoniasis i meant. sorry new to these issues

1997ws6 responded:
I meant
Trichomoniasis

melindasuefritz responded:
just got diagnosed u get it from eating raw pork and meat. you can get it through sex with an infected person. theres no out break symptoms are diarhea , sore muscles, heartburn.

melindasuefritz replied to georgiagail's response:
yes u can get it through sexual contact

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.