Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Welcome To The Community
Lainey_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hello and welcome to the STDs community. The members of this community are very understanding and supportive. To help navigate this community, please check out the Resources, and Tips, on the left side of the page and also the links below can give you valuable information.
Our expert Terri Warren has a great Handbook that can give you some useful information. She also has some great replies that you might want to read through.
"Search This Community"( Located on the upper right side of the webpage.) Enables you to search the topic you are interested in.
WebMD offers member tools to also help you navigate and gather information you need.
Yours In Health,
Lainey

GGRRAACCEE responded:
Hello, i am a 42 yr old woman, married and having a slight dispute with my spouse on how you can get clamydia. He seems to think you can get this std from wearing clothing or a toilet seat. From my understanding, you actually have to have some type of contact such as sex without a condom, or oral sex. If someone with the disease had put your pants on, and you then wore them, is there a possibility of receiving the std? If you used a toilet seat after someone with the std, could you contact it? This has been an ongoing question do to a family member contacting this std, please if you could help solve this question if there is any other way besides sex to get this, i would , as well as my husband would be greatful, plus our family member may need to look into what their spouse is really up to while they are at work. e-mail : gcm913@gmail.com . or please write me back here on webmd, perhaps there are others with this question.

Greatly appreciated

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to GGRRAACCEE's response:
Hi GGRRAACCEE,

WebMD has some information about Chlamydia.
Please remember that WebMD is a public site and your email can be viewed by anyone. If you would like it removed use the reports icon and ask for the post to be deleted. You can also begin a discussion on the community to get more replies.

Take care,

Lainey

deewilly37 replied to GGRRAACCEE's response:
I have been through the same situation with my ex-husband. He tried to tell me the same thing. The doctor told me that chlamydia is an std. You cant get it on the toilet. He told me that because he was trying to deny his infidelity.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to deewilly37's response:
Hi Deewilly37,

Welcome to the community. I hope everything is better for you now.
The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth. John F. Kennedy

Helpful Tips

how do you feel towards the ONE WHO GAVE YOU HERPES
Did you know that 90% of people living with Herpes, DON'T KNOW THEY HAVE IT . Thats a big number. So you just found out you have Herpes, ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 47 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.