Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Thigh, leg, back pain?
wife20 posted:
I have seen that many middle aged women are describing pain in thighs, back of legs, and back with HSV2. I have been dealing with constant daily symptoms which at times are so painful I must stay in bed. I have been on 1 gram of generic Valtrex for 5 months with one small break. All these tests and nothing else found. What else can I do? If I call your office, can you help me find a doctor in my area? I am really losing quality of life here. Gosh, if my body did such a good job suppressing this for so many years, what is going on? Am I stuck like this for the rest of my life? Please, I am in so much pain and discomfort---what else is there?

betsyo1967 responded:
herpes doesn't cause constant pain - just pain right before and during obvious lesions.
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

tar17 responded:
I am getting something similar. Small pimples on buttocks, burning skin . Did you ever resolve it?

georgiagail replied to tar17's response:
Hopefully since the orginal post was written 3 years ago!

Gail

Helpful Tips

how do you feel towards the ONE WHO GAVE YOU HERPES
Did you know that 90% of people living with Herpes, DON'T KNOW THEY HAVE IT . Thats a big number. So you just found out you have Herpes, ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 47 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.