Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

genital herpes help
babydoll098 posted:
hi i am 17 years old and i have just found out about 3 months ago that i have genital herpes my life fell apart because im young to have that i fellt very depressed thinking that im not the same young happy girl that i was before so i would like to make friends that are like me with the same diagnosis so i could kno what think and how they feel towards having genital herpes.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Babydoll098,

Welcome to the community, please feel free to join our discussions.

This is a great community to find help and support.

Take care,

Lainey
The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth. John F. Kennedy

ashamed26 replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hello my name is Crystal n I'm 26yrs old. I find out next Friday if I have genital herpes..The doctor is very sure it is and I'm scared:( I have lots of questions like: i have 4 kids and like all mothers I share drinks n food n kisses w/my kids..could any of those things spread it to them?

abe648 replied to ashamed26's response:
Genital herpes can only be spread by genital to genital contact.

You can still hug kiss and love your kids like always.

To learn more read the Herpes Handbook which should be in the Resourses section on the left hand side of the page.

If you do have herpes and wand to get a good book then get Terri Warrens book the "Good News about the Bad News" If your local book store does not have it then you can get it from Amazon.com $15-17.
Life can go on with Genital Herpes. If you are alone then there is someone who will love and accept you even with Genital Herpes. :-)-

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to ashamed26's response:
Hi Crystal and welcome to the community.

Many members feel just like you. Check out The Herpes Handbook and begin to educate yourself.

Please feel free to vent here with us.

Lainey
The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth. John F. Kennedy

ashamed26 replied to abe648's response:
Thank u.I have jus downloaded it n am startin to read it now...but I have another question...can I still share drinks(like water or juices) and food/utensil's w/my kids?

AngelP90 responded:
hey... im a 20 year old female with the same issue u had i was diagnosed at the age of 18...and my whole life fell apart... but i guess im learning to live with it now... i kno the feeling of thinking im too young and why me so if u need to talk im here....

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.