Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

human papillomavius
distress posted:
iam 18 years old girl , first year in dental college , iam from palestine but i have lived my whole life in Dubai ( UAE ).
in high school i met a boy ,,, after dating for 4 months i was totally in love with him. any way since iam an arab ... girls who have sex before getting married usually have un known fait ( i.g ; getting killed , or being struck till death become a mercy ) .
i practiced anal sex with him 2 times ,, after that he vanished from my life..and i never thought about being in a relationship after that.
3 months after that i have noticed some warts around the anus .. i was so afraid.. i didnt tell any one ... i ignored them and acted like there is noting to worry about.
after 2 months these warts became in enormous sizes and arised in numbers .. i went to see the doctor ..she asked me after the physical examination if i have ever had sex ,,, and after a long denail i confessed.
there it goes : you have human papllioma virus this an ( STD) .. you have to be strong to overcome it ... and thats how something that i have never heard of before became my whole life .
telling my parents was not even an option ... a disease with no cure ....if i got married my husband may get infected and would expose my SHAMEFUL past .
I CAN'T STUDY .. I CAN'T STOP CRYING .. IAM IN FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF MY TREATMENT& NO ONE THERE TO HELP.. I'M JUST 18 .. I HAD ONLY ONE SEX PARTNER ..I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO BE HEALTHY ONCE AGAIN !

betsyo1967 responded:
are they treating your warts? Once they are treated and gone, odds are you won't transmit them to a partner in the future.

Have you considered asking to go to a different country for dental college so you can deal with this better with less fear?
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Distressed and welcome to the community. Please feel free to join our discussions. I am sorry that your are upset.

Here is some information about HPV. The link can give you information that should help.

Many cultures have a different view about sexual activity before marriage. You don't have anything to feel ashamed about. If you need to vent, we are here.

Take care,

Lainey
The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth. John F. Kennedy

distress replied to betsyo1967's response:
hey ,, yes iam treating them with creams that the docter prescribed ..
i wish if i could leave the country but i cant ... in this part of the world girls are not free to do what they want ..
my doctor was kind enough not to write about hpv in the report so i won't get in troubles ..
and thanx 4 caring iam really happy to communicate with you guys on this website

distress replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
thank you so much ,,, i really appreciate being a part of the community .

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.