Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Do I have HIV?
tsue5 posted:
I have HPV and over the weekend my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and he pulled out and put his penis in my mouth and I swallowed his semen. Only a day later I started to get a sore on the left side of my tongue and my lymph noid started to swell. Could it be possible that I now could have HIV or am I just over reacting?! I could use some help, please and thank you!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Tsue,

Welcome to the community, please feel free to join our discussions.

WebMD has information about HIV and HPV here are the links.
HIV Health Center and HPV

If you have unprotected sex you should contact a health care provider and get tested.

Take care,

Lainey
The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth. John F. Kennedy

georgiagail responded:
The first stages of HIV (known as ARS) occur two to six weeks after transmission, not a day later.

Thus, these symptoms you describe are not connected with HIV.

Do you even know your boyfriends status in terms of HIV (or other STD's). If not, it would be a good idea to rethink this unprotected sexual contact business.

Gail

tsue5 replied to georgiagail's response:
My boyfriend is clean, he has no STD`s or HIV.

elle0317 replied to tsue5's response:
There you go, he can't give you something he doesn't have.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.