Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

genital herpes and oral sex
iddybob posted:
question. i know i post alot but im very curious and trying to learn my best on herpes. i have genital herpes. my doctor told me i do not have it orally hsv1. she told me my cold sore i have all the time is a normal cold sore and is not hsv1.
my boyfriend had genital herpes too. we both been check for any other stds and came back negative.
i just want to no what risks are there for me to get oral herpes when me and him both have it genitally.
i freak out and stress myself alot about getting oral herpes because only him and my mom no about it and my family does eat,drink and smoke after me. and i really dont want to get it in my mouth either because it would extremely upset me to give it to anyone in my family. and thats what im constantly stressing about.

betsyo1967 responded:
you've had so many posts on all of your situation that honestly I can't even remember what we've talked about so far. it's really helpful when you just keep it all in one post.

cold sores are hsv1 orally. not sure why your provider is telling you otherwise.

if you and your partner both have hsv2 genitally, no reason to think you'd get it orally. just never perform oral sex on active genital symptoms to err on the side of caution.
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.