Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

herpes
lied2again posted:
I have been so careful my whole life to avoid getting any kind of std. I have never gotten any std ever. I had unprotected sex with my fiance for the first time and then 2 weeks later I broke out with the worst thing possible in my genital area. I had been tested prior to having sex with her at her request and had absolutely nothing wrong with me. She swears on a stack of bibles she didnt have herpes before sleeping with me. Now I have broken out so many times I dont want to even think about sex. I feel grungy and nasty and dirty. I fear that my fiance has lied to me about this. Please someone shed some light on this subject to me please. I do not want to marry someone who has lied especially about this. Thank you.

An_210490 responded:
I am sooo sorry this happened to you. This is the risk that we take, and you do not want to offend the person you are marrying by leading them to believe you think they are lying. I was a virgin when I married my husband. He never told me he had this either. He knew, and admitted later that he did but was afraid to lose me if he told me. What a self-centered thing to do. I was so hurt and angry. During our marriage he cheated 2 times and contracted HIV! We are getting divorced, and I am free of at least that disease but, unfortunatly I have the HPV virus. If you are having doubts, do not get married. Usually the intuition is right, and you could contract something else later. It sounds as if there is no where else you could have got it from. Good luck.. Best wishes

iddybob responded:
im truely sorry.
i have herpes as well. its very unpleasent news and it is heartbreaking. the most advice i could give you is to educate yourself on herpes. when i found out i had it two months ago i never wanted tp be around another guy again and im only 17 and i was just like you so careful and i constantly got checked every three months for stds. only thing that really helped me is reading everything about herpes and talking to other people about it that had it as well.
i can say she could of had t for years now and never would have known it, no symptoms, nothing. i hope she hasnt lied to you about this and isnt and is being honest.
its a horrible feeling to have and i do wish the best for you and to keep your head up.
i am very sorry and it breaks my heart to hear this.
-iddybob

betsyo1967 responded:
what testing have you had done so far?

odds are that neither you nor your partner had herpes testing when you had std testing done. you'll both have to check to see if it was included with either of your testing.
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.