Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Poison Ivy on boyfriends penis
    Z1PPer posted:
    My poor boyfriend has gotten poison ivy all over including his genital area. We have daily sex, and I was wondering if I could get poison ivy inside me and what should I do if anything? We are monogomous partners and he still wants to make love with me but i am concerned about getting really sick.
    georgiagail responded:
    No. What you are seeing are the blisters that the body responds to when one is exposed to this allergen (and is allergic to it).

    The blisters do not transmit the rash to others. This is a VERY common misconception that many (even those in a health profession) have . The blisters are an immune response to the allergen; they are not the oils that transmit the allergen.

    Having had poison ivy breakouts for, oh, say the past 40 years I cannot imagine finding intercourse enjoyable if the rash was on that part of the body.


    Helpful Tips

    Don't waste time on this site.
    Please do not embarrass yourselves with asking these virtual medical advice people anything real important. I didn't even get an answer. More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.