Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

living with HPV.......tiny white dots on upper lip?
dudeman164 posted:
hey i have these tiny white dots on my upper lip, your cant see them unless i stretch my lip out. They also seem to only be where my top lip touch my bottom lip, or at least mostly concentrated there. i can feel them with my tongue. does anyone know what they are?

I also have hpv but i have had it for about 3 years now and my doctor said if I touch my genitals and then end up touching my face or other parts of my body the virus wont transfer from place to place. but i kinda think that may have happened or that i have contracted something else from another person.

i have also read that it may be possible to transmitted hpv from kissing people. but basically the study said that the people that have more open-kissing partners and oral sex partners are more like to have oral hpv, which seems to be pretty common sense to me. but if i am just kissing someone because i don't want them to get infected, will they be safe? maybe not with these bumps i guess.

Elle0317 responded:
everyone has those little bumps on their lips when they stretch it out. It's not HPV, trust me you would notice warts on your lips, as would everyone else for that matter.

OmegaLeo responded:
It more likely is Fordyce's Spots. I have them. They are not an STD.

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.