Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

genital warts dormant for 10+ years?
An_242670 posted:
I was diagnosed with genital warts. I was extremely surprised as I have not had any sexual contact for at least 10 years. Is it possible that this could have been dormant in my system for so many years or is the diagnosis incorrect? Has anyone else had warts appear after several years abstinance?

betsyo1967 responded:
it certainly would be highly unusual. did you go for a 2nd opinion to confirm they were warts or were they already removed?
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

screenname77 replied to betsyo1967's response:
I am without health insurance right now and can't afford to go around for second opinions. The doctor was very confident of his diagnosis and seemed amused, didn't believe that I have been without sexual contact that long. This was very irritating and upsetting. To go that long without contact and suddenly be diagnosed with in STD.

betsyo1967 replied to screenname77's response:
well many other things this can be so getting the 2nd opinion is well worth it.
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.