Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Vaginal Discharge: Brownish, No Smell, No Itching
    alexnk posted:
    About 4 days ago I went to my gynecologist, because about a week after I finished my period I was having brown discharge. Once I got my period this past month it went away. My gynecologist said it was because of a change in my hormone levels. Today, about a week or two after I finished my period, I had protected sex and the discoloration came back. There's also a very minor pain during sex when my boyfriend goes a little too hard. Why is this happening? Is this normal?

betsyo1967 responded:
    you need to continue to follow up with your gyn as symptoms continue.

have you and your bf had full std testing done?
    Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

alexnk replied to betsyo1967's response:
    He was a virgin, and I haven't been tested for "the major ones". I did get tested for both gonorrhea and chlamydia, both came out negative. Now I'm on birth control though, and it's stopped.

alexnk replied to alexnk's response:
    But it just came back tonight, I'm not sure if my bodies just getting usedo the birth control or if my boyfriend is being too "rough".

Helpful Tips

positive results
    I had unprotected sex with a woman 3 weeks before I had this tests done. here are my results: HSV 1/2 IGG HERPESELECT HSV 1 IGG ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.