Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Vaginal Discharge: Brownish, No Smell, No Itching
alexnk posted:
About 4 days ago I went to my gynecologist, because about a week after I finished my period I was having brown discharge. Once I got my period this past month it went away. My gynecologist said it was because of a change in my hormone levels. Today, about a week or two after I finished my period, I had protected sex and the discoloration came back. There's also a very minor pain during sex when my boyfriend goes a little too hard. Why is this happening? Is this normal?

betsyo1967 responded:
you need to continue to follow up with your gyn as symptoms continue.

have you and your bf had full std testing done?
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

alexnk replied to betsyo1967's response:
He was a virgin, and I haven't been tested for "the major ones". I did get tested for both gonorrhea and chlamydia, both came out negative. Now I'm on birth control though, and it's stopped.

alexnk replied to alexnk's response:
But it just came back tonight, I'm not sure if my bodies just getting usedo the birth control or if my boyfriend is being too "rough".

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.