Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Symptoms, outbreaks, Itching
T7869 posted:
Hi Teri,
I am very confused with my herpes situation. I was diagnosticated in October of 2007 after my OB kept giving medications for Yeast infection for over two years I demanded a std and I came up positive for Herpes 2. I have taken all medications and Valtrex was actually the worse of it. Made my symptoms 10 times worse. I have been on medication for an entire year and nothing works, actually the medication makes worse. Without the meds I usually get symptoms every month before and during my menstrual cycle and with the meds goes straight from month to month without a break. I have done all the STD's and nothing else, only Herpes 1 and 2.
I went to three different Doctors and all suggests the same medications.
Is it possible that is not any type of STD at all? But why do i get BO is was't herpes? Is there anything else other than herpes that causes this same symptom? Why for so so long the medication not only doesn't work and makes worse, but why also the itching, BO, every month for so long. I am healthy in all other aspects, and get this every month for over 4 years now. It drives me crazy not to say that my sexual life has gone to the drains since 2007. What else can i do or try. I am loosing my mind with this.

betsyo1967 responded:
duplicate
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.