Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

genital warts help
An_242809 posted:

Ok here's my question. My boyfriend of 8 years turned up with warts on his penis. I have never had them or any sign of them did i pass them to him or visa versa.
We have had sex with others but condoms were used. Could they be dormant in either of us. This has just been within the last year, he got rid of them then we had sex and he got them again. Im confused...

betsyo1967 responded:
condoms are not 100% protection against hpv.

you will probably never figure out who had it first since most folks with hpv don't ever get obvious symptoms of it. At this point he should continue to be seen and have his symptoms treated. Not too unusual for them to come back and need treated more than once.
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.