Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

transmission rates between negative hsv2 and asymptomatic postive hsv2
damonwww posted:
I am male, partner is female with asymptomatic hsv2 gential and Ive been researching the chances of it passing on to me. I read these transmission rates from an post on this site here: http://forums.webmd.com/3/sexual-conditions-and-stds-exchange/resource/3
While greatly relieved of these pretty low rates, Im kinda weary it seems too low, otherwise wouldnt there be a much higher % of hsv2 people? Can anyone confirm if these numbers are legit?
thanks

elle0317 responded:
The rates are the chances you will contract HSV within in any given year, with the rates low why would you believe there should more people with HSV? I believe a higher transmission rate would equal more infected people. It's the people who have HSV and do not know it that cause the biggest risk for transmission, because they have no idea they have it and don't take precautions.

The rate is lower for women transmitting to men too because you have less mucous memebrane on the genitals then us women do.

betsyo1967 responded:
yes that is legit info in that post you read.

why are they low when so many folks have genital herpes? most folks who have hsv2, have no idea they have it so they are more likely to have sex during active symptoms than someone who knows that they are infected would. Just knowing you have hsv2, has been shown to increase the length of time until a partner is infected with it.
Talking about std testing is NORMAL and something we all should be doing EVERY TIME before we have sex with a new partner :)

Helpful Tips

Std
Hello, i realy don't want to say my name but im shure you know who i am ,my problem is im a gay 41yr old man my ex boyfriend gave me an ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.