Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Chlamydia and IP 272
    zombiebait88 posted:
    OK, caught chlamydia from my soon to be ex wife... Didn't go to the doctor because of stupid reasons but I did acquire Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole( white pill with IP 272 on it) how many am I supposed to take and how often? ive googled it but havent been able to find out. can anyone help?
    PyroPrince responded:
    zombiebait88, I am a health professional and can better guide you. I need to know the following information: 1--What strength did you receive? The description of the pill you gave can be more than one strength. 2--How many tablets did you receive? On another note, it does not sound like you received this medication legally. I would suggest obtaining a prescription for Doxycycline Hycl Caps. It works quite quickly, and is usually prescribed to be taken for only a week.

    Helpful Tips

    Don't waste time on this site.
    Please do not embarrass yourselves with asking these virtual medical advice people anything real important. I didn't even get an answer. More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.