Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Chlamydia and IP 272
zombiebait88 posted:
OK, caught chlamydia from my soon to be ex wife... Didn't go to the doctor because of stupid reasons but I did acquire Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole( white pill with IP 272 on it) how many am I supposed to take and how often? ive googled it but havent been able to find out. can anyone help?

PyroPrince responded:
zombiebait88, I am a health professional and can better guide you. I need to know the following information: 1--What strength did you receive? The description of the pill you gave can be more than one strength. 2--How many tablets did you receive? On another note, it does not sound like you received this medication legally. I would suggest obtaining a prescription for Doxycycline Hycl Caps. It works quite quickly, and is usually prescribed to be taken for only a week.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.