Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
lasting too long.
wyoman posted:
I have recently started having a problem with my taking too long to orgasm. Sometimes not at all. I recently have had it happen a couple of times. The last time it was almost an hour of intercourse before my girlfriend was too sore to continue. She has multiple orgasms to my one every time. Any ideas?

BennyC2010 responded:
I have had this issue for many years. It's called delayed or retarded ejaculation and can be caused by a variety of factors including side effects from medications etc. For many years my wife and I did not use any birth control even though we did not want a 3rd child. I think I had such a fear of not pulling out in time that I taught myself to not ejaculate during intercourse. Now that we are in our mid fifties I wish I could get the ability to have an orgasm during intercourse back again but it doesn't seem to happen. Do a web search and learn more about it to see if you can get your problem figured out. Good luck.

longduckdong46 responded:
How old are you wyoman ? If your a young stallion and not taking any prescribed meds.ie, anti depress or anxiety all should be well.
I'm sure the lady friend was getting discouraged and sore.

Share a little more with us so we can possibly help.

wyoman replied to longduckdong46's response:
I just turned fourty. I also am not taking any meds. I am hoping it is just stress related and going to be short term.

gymrat44 responded:
Orgasm and ejaculation are two different things even though we are often used to having them happen at the same time and often think of them as being the same thing. In fact, it's possible to develop having several mild orgasms before finally ejaculating -- you could find out more by looking up 'multi-orgasmic male' on a search engine. My thought is that you might try working towards a small orgasm without ejaculation which both you and your partner could enjoy. That way you wouldn't have the stress of pumping and pumping in order to ejaculate but rather just to give you both pleasure. Perhaps that might help; after all, it's supposed to be fun!

Good luck and let us know how things go.

job1961 responded:
If you are masterbating stop because this can train your penis to need more friction than your girlfriends vagina can give. Can you orgasm if you masterbate? I have had this problem for 5 years and I don't take any meds that would cause it.. There are some medical conditions that can cause this, thyroid problems can cause serious orgasm problems.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Not much of a story really..... 46 years old, married, 3 sons. Not sure what else to share.... if you want to know anything, just ask.... stev1022@y...More

Helpful Tips

Tip
It doesn't matter what you do in the bedroom as long as you dont do it in the street and frighten the horses.-- Mrs. Patrick Campbell ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.