Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

anal sex
An_208279 posted:
my boyfriend really wants to have anal sex. I have hemroids and it is really painful he tried a couple of times but it was really painful.
Ay suggestions.
longduckdong46 responded:
Simple answer...Don't do it !
Elle0317 responded:
I love anal sex, but not if it were to cause me pain. I agree with londuckdong that if it hurts then DON'T do it.

Is your mate using lots of lubricant while trying??
HairyD responded:
I agree if it is really painful do not ..... but if you and your bf really want to please each other.

Use alot of lubication and every few minutes re lube.
First using his fingers very, very slowing in depth and speed in your anus. If he really wants anal , it will take weeks. But he should be able to teach you to relax your
muscles in your butt.

You both can enjoy anal sex, But the bf needs to know, if he really wants to enjoys sex he has to do more than just stick the penis in the hole.

If it is still painful and he still is wanting anal sex. Give him what he want. Stick something up his ass.
An_208280 replied to HairyD's response:
Why Hairy....I'm surprised you didn't suggest her BF grabs her waist and thrusts harder while she's trying to move away.
HairyD replied to An_208280's response:
Her request was for suggestions so anal sex would not be so painful. I give her a option to help. Then advise her to end the relationship if she was not able to have anal sex.

I have never added words to the persons question. They had done it twice therefore I know the bf did the in and out. Of course with any sex position you and your partner body will be thrusting in and out.

Anon 5809 you know the pleasure of the penis during anal and oral sex. It is a pleasure every man should enjoy. It does require skill and practice. I have never had a lady to refuse or not enjoy my over 10 inches by 6 inches.
An_208281 replied to HairyD's response:
Perhaps you have never tried to do anal with a woman who has a bad case of hemroids? Even without anal sex they can be excruciating.
HairyD replied to An_208281's response:
You are correct, I do not have sex with anyone that is needing treatment for anal or vaginal issue. Hemroids can be treated or removed within a few days.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married,male,crossdresser,bi-sexual. I am a happily married man who loves to dress in womens clothes.I have a very supportive wife that knows I`m bi-s...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.