Skip to content
No sex in a year
An_239420 posted:
I am a married man who is 50 years old but feel in great shape. My wife told me a year ago she wanted to take a couple months off from sex to purify herself and we have not had sex since. A few years ago she was in an affair and admitted when we got back together she has sex with him. My question to other married men is have you been this long with out sex? Is it healthy to go this long? I exercise but I am tired of masturbating ( I do it for relief a couple times a week)

meeky50 responded:
i'm also 50; married for 23 years. my wife has lost her sex drive and she even went to her doctor, who prescribed pills. but, she doesn't want to take the pills because of possible side effects, so i understand that. in the meantime, i'd say it's been 3 months since we've had sex, and over the past year or so, probably an average of once every 2 months. it's hard not to complain, it is frustrating and it's hard to imagine it staying this way for the years ahead of us. it's ironic reading other posts where the roles are reversed where the wife has the high sex drive. sorry this isn't much help, but know you're not alone.

FCL responded:
What does she mean by "purifying" herself? What does she expect to achieve? Have you asked her when this phase is going to end? Have you told her that you want it to end?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Furryboy replied to FCL's response:
50- not too late to go out and get a sneaky hot-dog every couple of weeks, is it?

FCL replied to Furryboy's response:
Not too late but a decent person would divorce first.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

An_239787 responded:
1 year? Try 5 years. I am past my limit, but do not know what to do. None of this seems to bother her, she just thinks she is getting "old" (We are both 53) and nothing "works" anymore. I guess that I really am starting not to care anymore.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married,male,crossdresser,bi-sexual. I am a happily married man who loves to dress in womens clothes.I have a very supportive wife that knows I`m bi-s...More

Helpful Tips

being gay,bi,straight,lesbian,transgender
if it makes you happy to be gblst, who cares what others think! More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 10 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.