Skip to content
REMOVING GENITAL HAIR?
The_B_Man posted:
I've been shaving my balls and member for a few years now, I just Always found having pubes to be a hassle an one day I decided to get rid of em. My woman likes that I do this, it makes pleasuring each other more enjoyable. Regardless of how any of you feel about a man shaving his parts, I'd like to know does anyone know about any kind of hair removal products besides waxing that are effective in removing hair down there? Shaving has been effective but every now and then it gets hazardous, small cut here or there, and occasional razor burn I've always wondered about using Nair for men, or some kind of cream but Ive ears they can be really painful in sensitive areas like the groin- any advice or suggestions would be awesome, thanks guys.

FCL responded:
Maybe look into the bikini line products? Or the ones destined for facial use?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Torcal responded:
I shave my genitals as well; that is other than the pubic hair. It does increase sensitivity with tactile stimulation.

I did some research and disovered that there is no hair removal cream that is safe for men to use in the genital area. The warning labels on these products contain that caution.

Norelco sells a man's "body groomer" with models starting at about $32. It's cordless and ergonomically shaped with two trimmers on each side (and a foil shaver in between) specifically designed to remove body hair from men. But although the trimmers are small toothed a lot of care is needed when shaving genitals. The skin on the penis shaft and Scrotum is very thin and will nick if the shaver runs across a skin fold. But the trimmers cut the hairs very close to the skin and it is faster than a razor. Look up the Norelco Body Groomer on Amazon under the catagory of "all produts" and read the dozens of testimonials for yourself.

Personally, I use the body groomer and then a safety razor for special occasions. The razor method is the only way to get a perfectly close shave.

The danger in either of these methods is infection. A nick is an open wound that takes as much time to heal as a nick on your finger. I don't shave (with either method) if I plan to have sex within twenty-four hours. And before shaving I take a shower, disinfect the groomer head and razor with alcohol (and the can of shaving cream) and rub my hands and genital area with antimicrobial hand sanitizer. Even though you don't bleed while shaving you can tell how much skin has been cut off by rubbing your balls with alcohol after you finish. It's not as bad as having BenGay rubbed on your nuts but the initial sting of the alcohol is about the same and it tells you how many wounds you have but can't see. And it's a good idea to rub yourself afterward with a cream based after shave or hand cream to protect the shaved skin. It dries out quickly.

I do not shave my groin with the same razor I use on my face. I keep it separate and change blades every two or three shaves. My fear of infection is not unjustified. I once had epidetimitis so bad I could barely walk. And even a blow job can transmit a bacterial infection to a penis with open wounds no matter how small.

I know that some guys get waxed but I don't see the value in it unless the procedure results in some kind of pain/pleasure thing.

Good luck.

Torcal replied to FCL's response:
PS: If you want to be veril and to show off your well-hung equipment in the locker room, bedroom, beach or to the nosy people who can see into your house, apartment, back yard or balcony, leave your public hair generally trimmed but don't shave it off. The contrast between the darker pubic hair and your shaved and very observable equipment can be startling. And the focul point effect works with guys having dark skin as well. I just happen to notice those things.

FCL replied to Torcal's response:
"I know that some guys get waxed but I don't see the value in it unless the procedure results in some kind of pain/pleasure thing. "

Firstly, the more you wax, the less it hurts. Secondly, the main advantage is that it lasts for several weeks. Thirdly, it grows back in "naturally" so there is never any stubble to tear your partner's face to pieces when receiving oral.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married,male,crossdresser,bi-sexual. I am a happily married man who loves to dress in womens clothes.I have a very supportive wife that knows I`m bi-s...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.