Skip to content
No desire for sex!
An_243204 posted:
I'm 16 years old and I don't have much of a desire for sex. People talk about how all they thought about was sex at my age. But I don't. How do I fix this and why am I like this?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

hairyd responded:
An 04, At your age you should ask your parents for a male genital exam. My sons and I had the exams together.
The age for sex desire is differant for each male. Enjoy your Life each day. Has your lower body displayed the changes of manhood? Your thought and body could be changing until your twenty-one.
I would prefer not to ALWAYS have thoughts about sex; until I was able to enjoy sex. Thank God for small favors. Also all males do not tell the whole truth about sex.
Therefore enjoy YOUR LIFE .
Stay HEALTH, you are the the fastest Sperm from your Father.

fcl responded:
You may just be a late bloomer and there's nothing wrong with that. Give yourself another 2-3 years before you start panicking Come back and see us when you turn 19 and if you still don't have any interest in sex. For the time being, enjoy life!

Ps - Not EVERYBODY thinks about sex at 16 - some people think about it sooner or later/ Memories are often flawed about this. Also, don't ignore the fact that peers may be bragging.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

fcl replied to hairyd's response:
A male genital exam, HairyD? I've never heard of that. What is it and why is it done?
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

hairyd replied to fcl's response:
An_04, Always Ask Question, Do NOT Wait.
Why wait till your 19, have a doctor exam NOW...

FCL EVERY TEENAGE MALE SHOULD HAVE A MALE GENITAL EXAMINATION PROCEDURE I have the male standing nude near the exam table for the male genital exam and I am sitting on a rolling stool. Then I exam the penis, scrotum and testes. Assess sexual maturity by visual inspection. Note hair pattern. Note -size and shape of penis and testes. Note color and texture of scrotal sac. Look for ulcers, scars, nodules, discoloration, inflammation, lesions, rashes, genital warts and masses. Inspection of his Penis. Gently grasp shaft of penis and inspect all side, including the inferior side and base of the penis. Inspect the glans for ulcers, scars, nodules, inflammation and hygiene. If a mass or irregularities are located, determine if attached to the shaft or to the foreskin. Retract any foreskin present or ask patient to retract. Examine urethra meatus and note position and size of opening. Open the distal end of the urethra by compressing the glans between the index finger and thumb. Inspect inside the opening for discoloration, inflammation, discharge, or lesions. Examine all sides of the scrotum Examine the scrotal sac by rolling the skin between the fingers of one or both hands. Gentle palpation should diagnose common problems such as a hydrocele, varicocele, testicular lesions, and inguinal hernias. Testes should feel smooth and glassy in texture, note size, shape, and symmetry Individually examine each testicle between the fingers of one hand for nodules, masses, or tenderness. Palpate the epididymis between the thumb and index finger. Next palpate the spermatic cord and vas deferens between the thumb and index finger. Then I examine the lymph nodes and inguinal Canal Evaluation for hernias. I END the exam with some type of rectal examination.

elle0317 replied to hairyd's response:
HairyD: You are an M.D.?

So what is the doctor looking for? And why? Testicular cancer? And why don't they include a breast exam for men given that it happens to men too? How often do they do this?

For women, it's pretty clear why it's done but I've never heard of a male genital exam for teenagers.

gymrat44 replied to fcl's response:
I remember having had a penis exam by a doctor when I was about 15 or 16 -- although that isn't primarily what I went to see him about. He was a speech pathologist/pshychaitrist with a medical degree and I had seen him a couple of times when I was about age 9 or ten about the stammer I had. At the time he found no physical reason for my stammer and suggested some vocalizing exercises which I could do with my parents.

Fast forward to high school where my guidance counselor had found a semi-obscure state funding provision which would cover all college costs if I had a type of medically certifiable disability. So I went back to the guy I hadn't seen for five or six years to have the exam.

After having me read aloud from a book and having some general conversation so that he could gauge the degree of my speech impediment he ordered me to take off all of my clothing and get up on the examining table and lie down on my back. That seemed rather strange -- I'd never been nude in front of a doctor before -- but he was a kindly authority figure and I was young, inexperienced and completely trusting. After the usual bit of peering into my ears and eyes and using the stethoscope he began to take three finger tips of one hand and started pressing them down on varying spots all over my chest. Then he started at my upper abdomen, pressing and releasing, pressing and releasing. When he reached my middle abdomen I started to feel some stirring in my loins. I peered down and past his hands I could see that my penis was starting to get erect! It was a brand-new situation for me but I was still very much in a trusting and professional relationship with this guy -- and all of adolescence was new to me, so this I was thinking was just one more thing. He continued moving his fingertips around and finally I wound up with what I think was the biggest erection I had ever had up to that point. I could feel my pulse starting to quicken and looking down I could see that my penis was bobbing up and down slightly with each heartbeat. The erection was so massive that the end of my penis was now starting to stick out of my lengthy foreskin without either of us having touched it and at its end was a golden drop of pre-cum suddenly showing. My pulse continued to race and my penis bobbed faster and faster; and just when I thought I couldn't take it any more he asked me to roll over on my stomach.

He then proceeded to rub my upper thighs, massage my buttocks and do the finger pressing across my back. Somehow the major tension of the moment began to subside and my penis began to lose that wonderful erection. He never did touch my penis -- he didn't have to!

When we were through with the physical he had me take my clothes into another room and dress while he met with hy parents. After we had left the office my dad told me that the doctor said that I was turning into a fine young man -- and he had the broadest, proudest smile that I have ever seen! At that point I was certain that Dad had been told all about my induced erection and how well my penis performed for a teen-ager. And neither of us cared then that I didn't qualify for that state funding.

And as soon as we got home I couldn't wait to race off to the bathroom to beat off and finish the wonderful arousal that the doctor had caused in me. I felt that I had been in acute need of ejaculating from the time he asked me to roll over onto my stomach until I found release in that familiar place at home where at that time I was accustomed to dropping a load at least once a day.

Looking back I wonder if maybe I had been somewhat abused -- or just the recipienet of some unusual medical practice. I know I enjoyed it a lot and still feel it was a landmark in my growing up. I think I'll just consider it to have been a tribal initiation to manhood and let it go at that. And I still treasure my dad's pride in his son's certified physical maturity -- for I'm sure he had heard all about it!

gymrat44 responded:
Sorry, An_243204, I got caught up in my own memories and haven't responed to your question.

You know, we're all different, we start to be fascinated by sex at different times in our teen years and to different degrees. As you'll read in the posts on this website there are many varieties of human sexual experience around and no one size fits all.

And sex covers more than relations between two people -- it also involved a person by himself, his understanding of his body and his comfort with it. At your age I was masturbating a lot, new it was OK to do but did it in private and didn't know about the many variations which are possible. If you haven't yet I'd suggest you work at getting acquainted with your physical body, especially your guy parts and see what feels good. For me it has taken me years to shine a flashlight into all the corners of my sexuality -- and in a way I hope I'm not through with that yet!

And I'm not sure that not thinking about sex all the time is something which needs to be 'fixed'; there are lots of other things out there which are worth our attention. Don't feel pushed into sex. I just suggest that you learn to have your body be your buddy -- something you know well, like and enjoy. Let us know how it goes and come back with more questions which you may have. I'm sure that there will be lots of answers available, some which may not agree with each other. That's part of how this community works.

Good luck!

fcl and An 04; As state the physician is confirming there is no medical issues. The gential changes with age of the male. This is differant than the female gential area. Size of the penis and hair pattern is important. Problems in that area when they do occur can be very serious and potentially cause long-term damage. Which is Why I advised the exam...
Yes, testicular cancer is the reason for thousand of male death each year. If a young adult or adolescent has
Testicular Cancer he has one of the highest cure rates of all cancers: in excess of 90 percent; essentially 100 percent if it has not spread.
I have posted on another thread my right nipple and breast was removed in my thirties becasue of a lump. In a
man's lifetime risk of developing breast cancer is about 1/10 of 1%, or one in 1,000. Breast cancer will cause approximately 390 deaths in men (in comparison, almost 40,000 women die of breast cancer.
Most cases of male breast cancer are detected in men between the ages of 60 and 70, although the condition can
develop in men of any age.
True routine screening of breast cancer is not done in men. But symptoms in the male are differant .The physician would notice while viewing the male chest. Skin dimpling; Changes in the nipple, such as drawing inward; Nipple discharge of any kind; Redness or scaling of the nipple or breast skin; Abnormal swelling (or lump) of the breast, nipple, or chest muscle Prolonged rash or irritation of the nipple.

hairyd replied to gymrat44's response:
G rat44; why would you wonder if maybe you had been somewhat abused -- or just the recipienet of some unusual medical practice.
Your parents had made the appointment for a medically certifiable disability form. You stated he had a
medical degree. He only performed a full exam. Your body had a normal male reaction.
The doctor discussed the exam with your parents. He certified physical maturity. He also discussed your induced erection. Also how well your penis performed for a teen-ager.
Each dad is pride in his son's physical maturity. My father and therefore me with my sons. We were and are still nude together. Therefore father and grandfathers were able to view the maturity. Not only hear all about how large our penis.

gymrat44 replied to hairyd's response:
I just found it strange at the time to be nude for an examination for a speech impediment and have wondered since why he did what he did. Maybe it was to assure that I have the penis exam which may be necessary and which I wouldn't have had otherwise.

On the whole it was a good experience which I look back at with pleasure. Perhaps the best part of it was seeing my dad's pride -- he was proud when I later graduated from college but I don't think it ever matched the pride he showed when he heard that I had been certified as a "big boy." Yes, we had been nude together over the years and had seen each other's erections but nothing is quite like having a professional certification!

Why is hair pattern so important?

fcl replied to gymrat44's response:
IMO, a good doctor would have told you in advance what he was going to do and why you had to take off all your clothes. You had the right to that information. A good doctor will give you a running commentary on what s/he is doing and why. A lot of what he did seems quite superfluous (massaging your buttocks???). And he didn't actually examine your penis nor your testicles? Sounds like he had a good grope at you and then told your father about your erection so as to deflect his attention from what he was doing. It may have been a pleasant experience but was it ethical and was it necessary?

The doctor uses the stages of the growth of the gential hair (based on the race of the male). The grow of the penis, testicle and hair show if the body is producing a rising levels of the sex hormones androgens

Spotlight: Member Stories

well 1st im bi, 2nd im only 13,and 3rd I would feel better if only men responded to my questions.

Helpful Tips

being gay,bi,straight,lesbian,transgender
if it makes you happy to be gblst, who cares what others think! More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.