Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Loss of Sensitivity in Head of Penile shaft
An_242237 posted:
God Afternoon: I would like dome assistance from the panel. I had a penile punp inserted (I'm diabetic type II) a few years ago and approximately 6-8 momths ago a statred to loos sensatrion on the head of the penis, to the point that I no longer feel the sensation of having an orgasm. Can anybody tell me if any of you have suffered from this. There are no comlplaint from my wife she always gets satisfied. I'm the one that has increasingly frustrated because I can not reach an orgasm. Additionally, the head of the penis appears to remain not engourged with blood, which gives you the sensitivity.

Can anybody help a desperate and un-orgasmic frustrated man, ME!!

Any advice will be appreciated!!!!!!!!!

hairyd responded:
If you do not have the sensation of a orgasm when you masturbate. I would make an appointment with your doctor. Your penis and the penile pumps needs a check up. I agree after 8 months. I would be more than desperate / frustrated. Keep us posted.
Stay HEALTH, you are the the fastest Sperm from your Father.

ncud45 replied to hairyd's response:
Thanks for the respond. I did check with my doctor and performed an examination. He state that all look correct, but he does not understand why the lack of sensitivity . When I asked him what we could to to aliviate the problem, he simply stated, "I don't know", never had a patient with a problem similar to yours. Therefore, if anybody knows of a doctor that can assist, please contact me ASAP, in advance thank you!!

Desperado!!

hairyd replied to ncud45's response:
Many things can influence loss of feeling in the penis go see doctor have blood checked for every thing. You're obviously circumcised, which already diminishes sexual sensitivity. Aging decreases penile senitivity due to loss of nerve endings. However, I'll suggest you to get your blood sugar checked and rule out diabetes as it's nowadays one of the commonest causes of an early decline in penile sensitivity due to the neurological dysfunction it produces. I enjoy overly aggressive sex. Butit is one of the main causes of a loss of penile sensitivity. This can take the form of dry intercourse or simply frequent sex that is energetic and overly physical. Although fine in the short term, but with your nw penis have you enjoy the sex act to much. An excessive amount of masturbation can cause damage to the penile skin cell neurons. This will lead to diminished sensitivity; how much do you play with your implant. Certain sports - forms of exercise like bike riding can leave the perineum damaged and, over time, affect penis sensation. An excessive amount of serotonin in the brain can lead many men to experience some loss of sensitivity in their penis. Wearing tight underwear can cause restrictions in blood flow which end up damaging the penis cells. Men should consider the type of underwear they wear; that why I free balls
Alcohol and tobacco have also been proven to have a restrictive effect on capillaries and veins carrying blood to various areas of the body, including the penis. This restriction can lead to loss of penile sensitivity, so cutting down on these will improve the overall sensitivity of the penis.
Men lose sensitivity when the skin dries out. A few times a day rub you penis with olive oil or cocunut oil. Exercise you dick by rubbing it with silk, satin,or a feather. During foreplay rub you dick head on her breast, lips, all over her body. Finishing if she is not shaved in her hairs on cherry.. Your penis needs to feel differant textures

hairyd replied to hairyd's response:
I would see another doctor. Your doctor must have limited knowledge about a Penis. Diminished penile sensitivity is not that uncommon and may be caused by a number of different circumstances.

ncud45 replied to hairyd's response:
Thanks for your reply Hairy D., I appreciate your advice and coments.

Just to give some fiuther backgorund. I'm not circumciced, my boold sugar is under control, I excersice, run 2 miles every other day, My weight is under control also and am no longer overweight. I hardly ever masturbate and I don't play with my implant. I am getting older but I'm not that old. I had great sex after the implant but all of a sudden, my sensitivity decreasse with time. I use boxer briefs so my genital area is well ventilated and there is no blood restriction. I don't drink nor smoke and the meds I take to help me with hypertension and bllod sugar control should not have that effect on my penis, according to my Urologist and for a fact, it has affected me psychologically. I'm running out of options and that'd why I joined the group. Perhaps, if I'm that lucky, one day someone will have a solution for my problem.

I do apprecaite your input, at least I know that someone is listening, because my doctor only shakes his head but has no idea what to do. Am I that exceptional with my problem??

Desperado!!

I'm just perplexed why all of a sudden my sensitivity is diminished. My wife and I engage in long foreplays with no difficulty, but the sesitivity is there at the beginning, however, it dissapears after a few strokes.

I thought perhaps, that I could find a lotion or something similar that would be applied to the head of the penis to make it somewhat more sensitive allowing me to reach orgams. Still hopeful that some Urologist or actually anybody, comes out with a gel, lotion or something to increase sensitivity.

ncud45, Do you have any sensitivity on you penis head. When the silk, satin, or olive oil is being rubbed on?
I understand with sex with your wife there would be limited needs for masturbation. But if you were to masturbate today would you be more sensitivity. Use a Banana skin, eggplant, or you can also use lasagna noodles to wrap around and slide up an down your shaft and head. Add oil or lubricant for a smooth glide
I would ask the urologist to do a blood flow test. It is always good to get a second opinion .
Enjoy the penis massage. Continue to look and work for a happy ending.

The doctor also needs to check the lenght of the tube in your shaft. If your hang like a donkey like some of us guys. The tube may be to short. Also there may be some pressure leakage in the pump when thrusting again the vaginal.
You begin on top may be the best. Have you used rear and side sexual positions? Are you having the same issue with oral sex? During foreplay if your wife will milk your prostate gland. This will give you some sensation of a orgasm. Discuss this practice with your doctor.

Spotlight: Member Stories

53 year old male. Married 33 years with 4 children alive, 2 in heaven with God. Worked in the same general field professionally since 1979. Sexually a...More

Helpful Tips

Tip
It doesn't matter what you do in the bedroom as long as you dont do it in the street and frighten the horses.-- Mrs. Patrick Campbell ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 23 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.