Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
relationship sex abuse
3butterflywings posted:
I'm not sure this is the right place for my post, so I apologize if it isn't and if I offend anyone. My post is regarding sex abuse in, my case, marriage. I was married for 10 1/2 years, and with him for about 15. I'm sure there were signs, but, only having been 20 with limited sex experience, I didn't see them, or excused them later on, or blamed myself when the abuse occurred.
I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and how have you dealt with it? I have no interest in sex and am ok with that, but still have yet to go back to the gynecologist and I know I have to come to terms with things and get back for regular yearly visits. I'm 37 and really need to be able to get a mamogram eventually.
Thank you for any advice.

Anon_130687 responded:
You might want to post in the Sexual Abuse Survivors Community - very supportive!

And I encourage you to find a gynecologist you feel comfortable with, share your story and get a check up. You deserve to be healthy!

Spotlight: Member Stories

over 60; Professional; Happily married over 30 years, with children. Interested in men's health/sex issues because spouse is unable to enjoy/have ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.