Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    relationship sex abuse
    3butterflywings posted:
    I'm not sure this is the right place for my post, so I apologize if it isn't and if I offend anyone. My post is regarding sex abuse in, my case, marriage. I was married for 10 1/2 years, and with him for about 15. I'm sure there were signs, but, only having been 20 with limited sex experience, I didn't see them, or excused them later on, or blamed myself when the abuse occurred.
    I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and how have you dealt with it? I have no interest in sex and am ok with that, but still have yet to go back to the gynecologist and I know I have to come to terms with things and get back for regular yearly visits. I'm 37 and really need to be able to get a mamogram eventually.
    Thank you for any advice.
    Anon_130687 responded:
    You might want to post in the Sexual Abuse Survivors Community - very supportive!

    And I encourage you to find a gynecologist you feel comfortable with, share your story and get a check up. You deserve to be healthy!

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Married with 3 sons. Raise by a divorce father that was only 17 years older than I. Therefore we shared many good times and open discussions about lif...More

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.