Skip to content
relationship sex abuse
3butterflywings posted:
I'm not sure this is the right place for my post, so I apologize if it isn't and if I offend anyone. My post is regarding sex abuse in, my case, marriage. I was married for 10 1/2 years, and with him for about 15. I'm sure there were signs, but, only having been 20 with limited sex experience, I didn't see them, or excused them later on, or blamed myself when the abuse occurred.
I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and how have you dealt with it? I have no interest in sex and am ok with that, but still have yet to go back to the gynecologist and I know I have to come to terms with things and get back for regular yearly visits. I'm 37 and really need to be able to get a mamogram eventually.
Thank you for any advice.

Anon_130687 responded:
You might want to post in the Sexual Abuse Survivors Community - very supportive!

And I encourage you to find a gynecologist you feel comfortable with, share your story and get a check up. You deserve to be healthy!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Not much of a story really..... 46 years old, married, 3 sons. Not sure what else to share.... if you want to know anything, just ask.... stev1022@y...More

Helpful Tips

Weird cut/ scratch on member
my guy has this random cut / crack / scratch on his member. He swear he hasnt sleeped around. and if he has that is his punishment. ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 19 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.