Skip to content
Should you feel comfortable naked around your dad
JZay510 posted:
I'm in my early twenty's now and my dad is in his fifty's we are been doing more father and son bonding lately. This includes plans of going to the gym and steam rooms. We will most likely be seeing either other naked and I don't know if I should feel uncomfortable about this or not?

fcl responded:
I don't see what there is to be uncomfortable about. I mean, your bodies were built to the same basic model so it's not as if you'll be discovering some great secret Relax and take it in your stride.
There's nothing inherently dirty about sex, but if you try real hard and use your imagination you can overcome that.

gymrat44 replied to fcl's response:
I can't think of anyone to feel more comfortable with when being naked. While it may be too bad that you weren't used to it growing up it's great that you have a chance now to make up for some lost time!

There's probably very little that you feel or experience that your dad hasn't been through already. And I do believe that the shared nudity experience is something which is based upon and builds trust -- you need no protection of any kind from each other.

So relax, give it a try and see how natural it can feel. Good luck!

jmgg5000 responded:
It is normal and nothing to worry about your dad and you have the same body in ways so its ok. your dad sees your body and thinks about what it was like your age. and when you see his you can see what yours will be like as you get older

doogood responded:
JZ - if this is something new for you - being naked around your father - then it's also going to be new for him - being naked around you - right? He may also be apprehensive about it. Just relax and if you're really bothered by it just keep your cool and act as if it was a really close friend of yours. Would you have the same anxiety? I remember the first time I ever saw my father naked. It was a family vacation, we were in a public changing room/shower at a beach. I was about 13. I was so scared. What do I do? what do I say? do I hide myself? I admit I was curious if my dad was built the same way that I was. Like others have stated - we are genetically similar. Having no brothers I had no idea how I compared to other males at that point. I just followed his lead and undressed and got into the open shower. It wasn't as traumatic as my mind had led me to believe. And yes, I glanced and it was like looking at myself into the future. I can especially confirm that now 30 years past that point. We're both ok and there was no ill effect from the experience. If anything this whole situation should bring you closer. Hope all goes well for you both!

jmgg5000 replied to doogood's response:
chances are you and your dads body are alike so seeing his nude body is like seeing what your body will look like at his age. my penis looks alot like my dads and i know my cousin said his looks alot like my uncles.

mintjulip3 replied to doogood's response:
I totally agree about the the fact that if anything it should bring you closer. I have never been naked in front of my Dad in my life. I wish it was the other way around. Gowing up I saw my Dad naked a lot. He would always shower with the bathroom door open. Then he would go to the sink and start having. He would always stand there naked as a J-bird and shave. I remember ha always had a habit of putting one of his feet upon the sink while shaving and you could really see his male anatomy hanging between his legs. He didn't care who saw what. He grew up with 12 brothers and sisters. His caution light went out many years earlier. I use to see him dangling in the bathroom and I would think, Dam that's what I will have and look like in a few more years. We've never been naked together to my knowledge, but I really wish we had beccuase I feel like it would bring us closer. I am the only male with three sisters. I'll never forget that sight. Does anyone else shave and put one foot upon the sink while nude?

jmgg5000 replied to mintjulip3's response:
my dad grew up on a farm and when i was born we would still go to my grandparents farm and help, my grandpa installed gang showers in one of the barns so that after a hard day of work just shower in the gang showers rather then bring all the dirt into the house shower and so the 3 of us and sometimes his helpers would all be in the shower cleaning off and we would all be naked together it was nice grandfather father me the son and some helpers sometimes my cousins etc.

ontbear responded:
just as the older males of the cattle/hogs/etc have larger genils -- so would your father when you were younger Here you are both grown men. Don't worry ontbear

jmgg5000 replied to ontbear's response:
yea my grandparents farm was great it was nice being nude with my dad and grandpa and often my cousins and other guys that happen to help. we would do farm stuff from 7am to 6pm and would shower up before dinner we would strip naked and take nice showers and get all clean and i remember running around the barn naked it felt great,

jd1000 responded:
yes if you have a good relationship with him then yes. growing up my dad and i would often be nude around eachother and it felt good and father and son experiance for sure

mansman responded:
I would love to still have my late father in my life. I would easily get naked in front of him and enjoy him seeing me that way. He would not have been that open. I did see him naked shortly before he passed away 23 years ago, as I gave him a bath one time. I miss him.
Enjoy your fathers and sons while you have each other!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

63-year-old man with a small intact/uncut penis which I enjoy. I am completely comfortable being nude around other men, and talking about sexual subje...More

Helpful Tips

3 Year Relationship
if you have this kind of relationship with your masseuse and your in a state where genital massage is not permitted maybe she likes you but ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 4 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.